Monday, September 3, 2007

Happy Labor Day

To celebrate Labor Day I decided to run the U.S. 10K classic. Down Cobb Parkway starting at Cobb Galleria and ending at White Water. This is the 1st year I have run the Classic and I really enjoyed it.
To start the race the Men's cycling took off down the street for a 100k, followed by the women cyclists. Then the in-line skaters and the wheelchair athlete's. It was so moving to see them racing. I was so emotional when the Army rangers parachuted out of the plane-carrying the sponsors flags and the last man carried the American Flag along with a POW flag. I was boo-hooing.
I don't think that I had an outstanding race, but it was a good race. Around 1:10. I broke into a sprint after I crested the hill by the Big Chicken and saw the FINISH line. The glorious finish line. I started crying again excited about doing this for me.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I do not think I would like the 10K Classic. Ha. My car has a rough time getting up that hill. Big congrats!! So you're doing Emerald Pointe? I'll be there!!