Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Logged miles

I am still working on writing down all of my workouts so that I can keep track of what I am doing.

Monday- 1 h our treadmill average 5.0 pace
30 min. Elliptical weight loss interval
Later on in the evening I did an hour of swimming
I felt really good yesterday. I had a lot of energy
Tuesday- woke up and felt tired (of course, look at yesterday) Decided to do a brick
3o minutes on the bike, pedaling 95+ and then into a run. I ran for 15 min. ( I needed to pick up my son from school) but the great thing is I could have kept running.
Wednesday-I am planning on a swim
Thursday- Bike
Friday- Day off
Saturday- Long run
Sunday- Bike

On May 10th, I am running the Susan G. Komen-Race for the cure 5k to raise money to help find a cure for breast cancer. This cause is really close to my heart because so many of my friends and family have been affected by this disease as I am sure that your families have been affected also. My younger sister passed away with skin cancer at the age of 29, leaving behind a son. Both of my parents are currently battling this disease. (Mom-breast cancer) and (Dad- lung cancer).
I want God to use me to help others fight this. I will be wearing a shirt during the race with all the names of my friends and family that are survivors or those who have lost their battle with cancer.

1 comment:

Wes said...

Hee ,hee! You should post your mileage more often :-) I think its great that you are running for cure! Did you find those socks? Google "Cancer Sucks Socks". More than one vendor has them.