Saturday, May 10, 2008

Race for the Cure post race report


Woke up this morning at 5:00am and got ready for a great day and a great race. The Susan G. Komen-Race for the Cure.

Hubby stumbled in the bathroom at about 5:30. We both were ready to go at 6:00am. You see because it is Mother's Day Weekend (I get what I want, right?)



I asked him to hang out with me
and pamper me today. He said he would.
We headed to Marta and made our way to the starting line. I was really nervous (I don't really know why) but I ended up using the bathroom 3x's before the race. At the starting line the runners/walkers let balloons go in honor of the survivors and in memory of losing someone fighting breast cancer. With so many racers and many of them were walkers it was so difficult to break away for the crowd and start running. Next time I know to get close to the starting line. Overall, it was an awesome race. Hubby was there to take pictures and cheer for me at the finish.

After the race we picked up the boys and went to a couple of bike shops in search of my Mother's Day present. I think I found the bike.
http://www.trekbikes.com/women/wsd_products/bikes/2008/road/12wsd/
Let me know what you think

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Thats a great bike for the price. I have been riding a Trek 1000 and love it. Its great that it has a triple chainring in the front. It makes it a little easier to climbe the hills here in GA